Entry number 042 – Entered by Malcolm
This machine was manufactured at New Imperial’s factory in Spring Road, Hall Green Birmingham, in December 1936, but was not registered until 23 March 1938. The cost when new was £49,10s.
It is reputed that this motorcycle was painted with blue mudguards toolbox and chain guard from new. This is very unusual for this model This is a very heavy bike for the 247cc engine as it uses the same frame as the 350cc and 500cc models.